International Children’s Day 2020.
What needs to happen?
UNICEF and partners are calling on governments to adopt a Six Point Plan to Protect our Children:
- Ensure all children learn, including by closing the digital divide.
- Guarantee access to health and nutrition services, and make vaccines affordable and available to every child.
- Support and protect the mental health of children and young people and bring an end to abuse, gender-based violence, and neglect in childhood.
- Increase access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene and address environmental degradation and climate change.
- Reverse the rise in child poverty and ensure an inclusive recovery for all.
- Redouble efforts to protect and support children and their families living through conflict, disaster and displacement.